Please read the following and apply.
To be eligible to apply for the Academy, applicants must meet at least one of the qualifications as follows:
- Government officials or researchers from government affiliated organizations
- Professors and graduate students interested in learning about ocean affairs and/or the law of the sea
• Applications are accepted from 10 June to 20 July 2019
• Incomplete or untimely applications will not be considered.
• Acceptances will be made on a rolling basis. All applicants are highly encouraged to submit their applications as early as possible.
A complete application includes:
※ Please attach the above files from the application menu.
1. An application form (Form Download Separately)
2. A motivation Letter (200-250 words)
3. A curriculum Vitae
4. A brief, signed Letter of Reference (Form Download Separately)
5. An ID Photo
6. Proof of English Proficiency (submit if available)
Save each of your application materials as follows:
Family name_First name_Content.pdf/doc/docx
e.g) Hemsworth_Chris_Application form.pdf / Watson_Emma_Letter of reference.doc
Go to Application
Tuition and Scholarships
1. Airfare (economy class) and accommodation will be provided for every participants from countries on the DAC List of ODA Recipients by OECD.
2. Participants from countries that are not listed in the DAC List above will be responsible for their own airfare and accommodation.
3. Breakfast, dinner and refreshments during the Academy will be served to all participants.
4. During the graduation ceremony, diplomas and awards will be presented to participants who successfully pass the examinations and others will receive a 'Certificate of Completion'. Selected participants will be awarded based upon their academic achievement at the graduation ceremony.
Classes will be held in seminar rooms of the International Pavilion C at the Expo Ocean Park. During the 2012 Expo Yeosu Korea, the building was used for exhibitions organized by participating countries from all over the world. From the Seminar Rooms, you can directly access to the Expo Square overlooking the Big-O, the landmark of Yeosu.
During the Yeosu Academy session, all students are supposed to share a twin room with another. Free transfer services on arrival and departure days between the Yeosu Airport and the hotel will be provided.